Surviving the heat? Most of the Java team are on holiday/on fire. But we still managed to release a snapshot. Pretty impressive, no?
A full changelog for this snapshot can be found on Minecraft.net.
NEW FOR 18W31A
- Optimized performance
- Fish now have a 5% chance of dropping bonemeal when killed
- Conduits are properly waterlogged
- Bonemeal used in water now has a chance to grow coral in warm ocean biomes
- Squids now only spawn in rivers and oceans
- Added a concept of force-loaded chunks to the game, and a command (/chunk) to toggle force-loading on and off
- MC-73 – Green arrow bug on maps in frames
- MC-1528 – Maps in item frames’ markers aren’t persistent
- MC-112801 – Players on the death screen still cause spawners to spawn.
- MC-122939 – Statistics for mining banners and beds never increase
- MC-128547 – Minecraft keeps previously used World in memory if the player has hit any entity in that world
- MC-130258 – Maps in item frames show shading problems
- MC-133181 – Observer Cooldown is broken
- MC-134105 – Can’t return from the end after defeating dragon
- MC-134159 – Saved world causes crash in 1.13
- MC-134667 – Async Chunk Gen dangerously adding entities to world async
- MC-134716 – Minecraft Multiplayer – Player kick exploit
- MC-134832 – TNT with unstable=true blockstate is ignited instead of broken in creative mode
- MC-134889 – Iron golems spawn in air blocks
- MC-134898 – Pressing Escape no longer returns to main menu from singleplayer menu
- MC-134916 – Sound event block.pumpkin.carve doesn’t play when carving normal pumpkins
- MC-134967 – NullPointerException when placing Wither Skeleton Skulls
- MC-134982 – Exception when placing a command block
- MC-134987 – Renaming a world doesn’t update its name until re-entering the world list
- MC-134988 – Optimizing a world doesn’t update it until re-entering the world list
- MC-135049 – Old world doesn’t save map markers in 1.13
- MC-135053 – Sticky pistons get stuck when receiving a 0 gametick pulse
- MC-135136 – Crash when placing a chain command block with set command
- MC-135172 – Under certain conditions pistons can’t be powered for the first 2 gameticks after being moved
- MC-135185 – All redstone components can become stuck in a powered state when indirectly unpowered
- MC-135186 – Pistons can only be re-pulsed 5 or more gameticks later.
- MC-135194 – Pistons react 1 gametick too late
- MC-135261 – /setblock for player heads don’t show the texture after the placement
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the “launch options” tab. Check the box saying “Enable snapshots” and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the “Play” button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the “launch options” page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds. 1.13 will have a lot of experimental snapshots that may break everything and smell funny. This may be one of those snapshots. This is what happens when Mojang are changing all the things!
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!